We are committed to the privacy of customers and employees.
This means that we:
• will comply with all relevant data protection and privacy legislation,
• will make it easy for anyone to contact us to discuss our approach to privacy and data protection, and
• will be open and transparent about our approach to data protection.
The main data protection legislation the General Data Protection Regulation, May 2018 sets out the principles we are required to follow in the handling of personal data. Those principles are that personal data must be:
• processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
• collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
• adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary
• accurate and kept up to date
• kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary
• processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Anyone wishing to speak to us about our approach to privacy and data protection, please contact Nia Roblin, Head of Governance and Compliance, or the United Welsh Governance Team:
0330 159 6080 (Press 3)