Fire safety is of paramount importance to us at United Welsh.
If you live in a United Welsh property with a communal area such as a block of flats, there is an evacuation policy for you to follow and a Fire Risk Assessment of the property is conducted once a year.
It is important to know the basic steps to follow to prevent a fire in your home. Here are some top tips:
- Plan how you would get out if there was a fire. If you live in a house, make an escape plan and share it with family. If you live in a block of flats or have a communal area, get to know your building’s evacuation plan
- Test your smoke alarm regularly to make sure they are working and make sure all members of your family are familiar with the sound
- Don’t leave cooking unattended or get distracted while cooking
- Make sure candles are not on or near anything that could catch fire
- Make sure heaters aren’t covered
- Use a maximum of one plug in each socket and never use them if wet
- Close all doors, switch off and unplug your appliances such as TV’s every night. Keep your phone and any mobility aids close by if you need them
- Put out and dispose of cigarettes properly and never smoke in bed
- Keep matches and lighters away from children.
If you have any concerns, please get in touch.