PREP is a supported housing project provided by United Welsh in the Grangetown and Canton areas of Cardiff. The project has five separate houses offering secure and comfortable accommodation along with varying levels of support for the tenants.
The houses provide a supportive and safe environment, giving people the opportunity to learn how to manage their own tenancy before moving on to live independently in a place of their own.
The accommodation available within the PREP project delivered by our Thrive team varies from flats in shared houses with low level support to shared living space and individual bedrooms with greater support.
In case you’re wondering, PREP stands for ‘Promoting Re-settlement Enabling Progression’.
We offer support to people who come from many different backgrounds with varying support needs. We help them to:
- Access health services
- Access benefits, budgeting & debt management
- Give individuals the skills to fill in forms and liaise with other agencies
- Access housing that is suitable for individual needs
- Access training and education opportunities
- Cope with mental health, drug and/ or alcohol misuse
- Apply for grants and setting up utilities
- Build social networks
For more information about PREP, please contact our Thrive team.